Health, Safety, Environment & Community Policy
The health and safety of our workers, visitors and the general public, together with the protection of the environment and minimisation of impacts on our community are paramount to the Ashton Coal Operations team. Ongoing success in these areas and compliance with all relevant Acts and Regulations is a fundamental objective of our continued operation and growth as a commercial enterprise.
We are committed to:
- Establishing, implementing and maintaining documented procedures for hazard identification and controls for our activities.
- Fostering a culture of zero harm through consistent and effective leadership and believing that workplace injuries and workplace related illnesses are preventable.
- Management objectives and targets for HSEC will be measurable and integrated into the overall planning process and deployed to all relevant functions activities and processes, and strive for continual improvement in performance.
- In the event that a worker sustains a work related injury or illness, ACOL will work with the worker to provide an efficient workplace injury management program with the goal of restoring the injured person to pre-injury status.
- Complying with the HSEC legislation, regulations, standards and codes of practice relevant to the operation as a minimum requirement. Ashton Coal will keep the HSECMS up to date and communicate relevant information to the workforce.
- Establishing and maintaining a process of consultation and communication with relevant internal and external stakeholders on HSEC matters that may affect them. The effectiveness of this process is reliant upon the development, approval, and maintenance of relevant documents and systems and the willing participation of workers and stakeholders.
- Regularly reviewing and assessing the need for changes in policy, objectives and targets, and other elements of HSEC in the light of HSEC audit results, changing circumstances and our progression through continual improvement.
Ashton Coal has operates a site Safety, Health, Environment, and Community (HSEC) Management System. The management system includes a HSEC policy,...
Ashton Coal is committed to making a positive contribution in the areas in which it operates. To help facilitate this commitment, Ashton Coal has...